Development Manager Position
Reports to: Music Director
Pay: Depending on experience
Part time: Approximately 20 - 30 hours per week
Definition: The Development Manager is responsible for the day-to-day financial development, marketing, and business operations of the Indiana Wind Symphony.
• Manage relationships with individual donors, corporate sponsors, grant underwriters, and current and potential ticket purchasers
• Develop and foster new donor/sponsor relationships.
• Generate significant new revenue within a year of hire
• Communicate and coordinate with performance venues
• Oversee advertising relationships and track advertising outcomes
• Foster relationships with media outlets and community leaders
• Attend Board of Directors and subcommittee meetings as required
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Music Director
• 2+ years of experience in arts administration
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Coursework or specialized training related to position
• Organizational and problem solving skills
The Indiana Wind Symphony has been presenting important musical works to audiences in Central Indiana for over 20 years. We're pleased to bring experienced musicianship and exciting repertoire together in a world-class concert facility.
Applications must be received by May 15, 2018.
For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.